PMS integration to Xero
We are big fans of Xero at elina PMS. Yes, we have an integration to Xero for the property management system. We also use Xero in managing our own accounts.
Watch an overview of what Xero can do for you.
The integration between elina PMS and Xero enables invoices (and credit invoices), either connected to reservations, or stand alone, to be automatically sent to populate the P&L in Xero. The invoices sync with the correct contact details, invoicing information and VAT rates. Payment taken via the PMS will then also sync to update the invoice in Xero. Watch the video to see different examples. It is 12 minutes long in full and includes some info on mapping and settings both in elina and Xero.
Watch a video overview
How elina PMS works with Xero
- Invoice generated in Elina with invoice number or paid (whichever happens first) sends to Xero
- If the invoice recipient is new then Elina sends the contact details to Xero. If the invoice recipient already exists this does not happen (but it will send updates if the invoice recipient details have changed since the last invoice that was sent across)
- Credit notes generated in Elina against a debit note sends to Xero.
- Payment received for invoice in Elina sends payment transaction for said invoice to Xero
- Payment/Refund and Payment Receipt transactions done on Elina accounts do not send across to Xero as they do not relate to specific invoices
- Deposits collected in Elina, for example to hold against a booking, or to allocate as payment when the invoice is generated, do not send across to Xero. They are typically used to pay for damages (with difference being refunded), or as payment in full or towards the final bill, so the payment made by deposit will be sent across to Xero.
- Tax code mapping (tax code in Elina mapped to equivalent tax code in Xero)
- Invoice department mapping to Accounts in Xero (invoice department in Elina mapped to sales code in Xero)
- Payment type mapping (payment method in Elina mapped to sales code in Xero.)
Most recent blog posts
- PMS API Snakes and Ladders
- Managing your cost of sale strategically: Withholding
- How hotels can make pricing strategy simpler
- Guide to GDPR
- elina PMS partnership with ASAP
- 5 Key Considerations: PMS for serviced apartments
- 5 Ways to Compete with OTAs
- Sales Psychology: How to be Persuasive (free download)
- Elina in-software search tips
- Smart.BE Booking Engine Tips